In order to be aesthetically attractive to fellow beings, human beings have always loved to find ways and means to look healthier than others. The modern trend is towards looking lean and fit with no hanging body flab.
Several methods including exercises, medicines, and even surgeries are being tried to get rid of stubborn excess fat from the human body. This HCG Complex review article attempts to shed some light on one such method based on a dietary supplement and controlled calorie intake.
HCG Complex: What is it?
At the outset, this HCG Complex review article will attempt to explain what HCG complex means in an easy to understand manner. HCG, in the name HCG Complex, stands for human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone that is naturally found in the human body, particularly pregnant women who produce it naturally in their body to breakdown body fat for the nourishment of the fetus.
It is theorized that HCG can help the breakdown of fat in even those human beings.\who are not pregnant. The original HCG dietary benefits are an offshoot of a research which was done in the 1950s by a British endocrinologist Dr. A.T.W. Simeons who was trying to improve testosterone levels in adolescent boys and noticed that it helped reduce weight as well.
HCG Complex is a popular dietary supplement for those who want to shed extra weight from their bodies. It is manufactured by BioSource Labs, LLC which boasts of organic and natural ingredients in its formulation.
The products made by the company comply with GMP standards and follow FDA rules and guidelines as well. HCG Complex is marketed by the company in the form of drops, usually in 2-ounce bottles and is readily available. The product was initially created to help with some other health problems.
During its consumption for the purpose of weight loss, one has to follow a recommended standard HCG diet with restricted calorie intake through diet.
This formulation is considered as cent percent natural and HCG Complex is reported to be a primary human chorionic gonadotropin hormone supplement. The product is claimed to be safe for intake as a dietary supplement for weight reduction enthusiasts interested in shedding their excess body weight in a healthy and natural manner.
No HCG Complex review can be complete without a critical glance at the ingredients forming part of this dietary supplement.
Inside the human body, the HCG hormones are important for the embryo and fetus development and nourishment. This hormone forms an essential part of any HCG weight loss supplement. Since HCG hormones are not cleared by FDA for direct dietary intake, BioSource Labs, LLC made HCG Complex as a dietary supplement to be consumed by those who want a highly effective weight reduction aid.
Its list of ingredients includes more than 25 perfectly safe natural ingredients. They work in unison to burn human body fat and reduce hunger pangs by catalyzing the physiological production of HCG by the human body.
Given below is the list of major ingredients along with their dietary roles as an important part of HCG Complex review:
- Panax Ginseng Extract: It is a vital potent potency ingredient for enhanced energy and to add vitality to overall health. Although all its health benefits are not scientifically proven, still it is safe as a dietary supplement because of it being natural.
- L-Arginine: Just like Ginseng it also boosts energy metabolism, thus aiding bodyweight reduction and fat control. In lab studies, dietary arginine intake is proven to give promising results by promoting muscle mass increase over fat gain.
- L-Carnitine: As an amino acid, it plays its energy production role by transporting fatty acid chains for oxidation to the mitochondria to keep the body weight under check. A few studies though, do not support such claims.
- L-Ornithine: It stimulates fat breakdown by improving fat metabolism while exercising for longer durations. In this manner, one can delay fatigue during workouts to burn those extra calories.
- L-Lysine: As an amino acid, it helps in fat metabolism, fatigue reduction, energy generation, and appetite control, thus aiding in weight control. Lysine also helps in Carnitine metabolism and so is involved in the weight control process indirectly.
- Glutamic Acid: As an amino acid, Glutamic Acid aids energy production through oxidation of fats to help in controlling weight. As per some studies, women who taking glutamine for a duration of four weeks or more can lose weight even without any dietary changes or extra exercising.
- GABA: It has an essential role in optimizing the functionality of the human brain as a neurotransmitter having a beneficial effect on the central nervous system to help in clarity of thinking in humans.
- Astragalus Extract: It enhances the metabolic process, which otherwise reduces with age, thus adding to the feel of being energetic and young. In addition, it helps in digestion, lung functioning improvement and quickens injury healing.
In addition to those listed above, this HCG Complex review article gives a list of other ingredients as well to the readers of this article for them to form an informed view of the product.
The HCG complex also includes other important natural ingredients and extracts like African Mango Extract, Capsicum Annum Extract, Chromium Picolinate, Coleus Forskohlii Root, Eleutherococcus Root Extract, Fucoxanthin Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea Extract, Guarana Extract, Gymnema, Maca Root Extract, Monoammonium Glycyrrhizinate, Raspberry Ketones and Sylvestre Extract.
A ringside view of the side effects is necessary for any HCG Complex review to present a complete picture before its readers.
The observed HCG intake side effects seem to be related more to the type of low-calorie intake than the hormone per se. The homeopathic HCG drops are claimed not to have as severe side effects as the prescription HCG. As the HCG Complex intake has to be accompanied by a very low-calorie diet some of the side effects may be related more to the sudden change in the eating pattern of those on an HCG Complex intake regimen.
There are reports of side effects like headaches, hair thinning, constipation, leg cramps, dizziness and rashes being experienced by individuals on an HCG Complex/low-calorie diet combination. Even the FDA cautions about very low-calorie diet-related electrolyte imbalance. However, these side effects have very low occurrence frequency and can easily be or treated or even prevented altogether by being a bit cautious.
The FDA, however, states that a low-calorie diet as recommended to be accompanied by HCG Complex intake for weight control can affect general health over an extended period. This should have been mentioned by the manufacturers (BioSource Labs) on their official website. Another common concern is that although the HCG Complex as a product is well-known to weight control enthusiasts, enough medical professionals don’t seem to suggest its intake for weight control.
As such, this HCG Complex review does not find any known or reported cases of particularly severe side effects associated with the product under review here.
The Usage Plan
As a logical next step this HCG Complex review article details below the instructions, procedure, and precautions related to the intake of the HCG Complex:
The product needs to be stored in refrigerated conditions throughout the period of its use. Consumption of any food item is to be avoided 15-30 minutes before and after its intake. A few (approximately ten) drops are placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve with saliva for two minutes before gulping them down.
Following four phases of the regimen are recommended:
1. Starting drops’ intake & eating freely: In this phase, the drops are taken three times a day, i.e. before breakfast, before lunch, and before dinner. This is accompanied by free intake of fat-rich food to store extra energy for the future period.
2. Low-Calorie diet initiation: On the third day of the previous phase low-calorie diet initiation starts with only two meals allowed per day. Depending on a person’s weight a 500 calorie or 800 calories or a 1200 calorie diet is planned. Oil and fat-rich food, starchy food, sweets, and carbohydrates are avoided in this phase.
The food in this phase is to contain only vegetables, lean protein, and some whole-grain bread accompanied by plenty of water intake. After three or six weeks of starting HCG Complex drops intake they are stopped depending upon an individual’s weight loss target.
3. Stabilizing: This phase starts after stopping the drops’ intake. Calorie intake is slowly and gradually increased.
4. Maintenance: This marks the end of the diet plan after reaching the desired weight target but with a caveat that calorie intake is to be kept under watch along with healthy eating habits.
Does HCG Complex Really Meet the Expectations?
HCG Complex review of company claims of its efficacy needs to cover each aspect of the benefits of the product or otherwise. Although the product comes with a money-back guarantee, still all the listed ingredients are not known to contribute directly to weight loss. The users’ reviews about the product’s efficacy also seem to be divided. Some users claim that the weight loss results from the strictly controlled diet to be followed with HCG Complex intake. Others claim that low energy levels accompany the process and even regaining of the lost weight after a while.
Some of the other claimed or related benefits are being listed below as a part of HCG Complex review of the product’s efficacy:
- Redistribution of body fat
- FDA certification
- Daily shedding of a pound equivalent of body weight if regimen followed strictly
- Reduction in junk /unhealthy food craving which helps to control weight
- Prevents any need for crash dieting
- It is a better alternative to crash dieting
- Natural ingredients in the product and affordability
- Effects hypothalamus to mobilize extra fat
- No exercise required for weight control
- No painful injections, only placing drops under tongue
- Easy online ordering
Doctors claim that HCG alters human metabolism and the way in which the weight is lost as it stimulates other hormones’ secretion, affecting metabolism, digestion, muscles and other such related processes. HCG Complex lacks clinical information in support of its claims and is not scientifically proven to control weight without diet restrictions.
Product’s Price Details
www.hcgcomplexdiet.com is the official website of the company which can be accessed to order the product easily. The HCG Complex review of the product’s price leads to the fact that the price varies and depends on the chosen plan with a basic price of $34.95 one can get an HCG Complex bottle containing two ounces of the product.
A list of other offers from the company is being given below for the benefit of this HCG Complex review article’s readers:
Offer No.1 – For $69.95 get one paid plus one free bottle of the product
Offer No.2 – For $97 get two paid plus two free bottles of the product giving an effective savings of 21%.
Offer No.3 – For $139 get three paid plus three free bottles of the product giving an effective savings of 23%.
Offer No.4 – For $173 get four paid plus four free bottles of the product giving an effective savings of 33%.
Offer No.5 – For $239 get six paid plus six free bottles of the product.
As losing extra pounds to look and feel good is everybody’s concern these days, online as well as the offline market is flooded by a plethora of products and methods to achieve that ideal weight and physique/figure combination. However, it has been observed by this HCG Complex review article that all the claims need to be cross-checked before taking any final decision.
The list of HCG Complex ingredients is really impressive with some of the very promising and natural ingredients. In the case of HCG Complex drops, the method works only in those cases where the calorie control and other food-related instructions are strictly adhered to. The users of the product have given a mixed review of the product.
It can be said through this HCG Complex review conclusively that the HCG Complex is a safe and natural product and the users must follow a healthy lifestyle along with regular food habits combined with restricted calorie intake to meet their expectations related to weight control.